Open House: Open Sunday 5/14 and 5/21, 2-4:30
This exceptionally gracious Craftsman, designed c. 1908 by John Hudson Thomas’ protégé George Plowman, is as stunning now as it was when first built. The interior is richly ornamented with original redwood of a quality no longer available. In one of Berkeley’s oldest, finest neighborhoods.
- Four good-sized bedrooms, two bathrooms, one with elegant 1937 vintage yellow and black tile. Off one of the bedrooms is a sundeck with a surrounding view of the neighborhood, and a view of the Golden Gate and Bay.
- Beautiful living room with picture windows affording a spectacular view of the verdant Claremont/Uplands neighborhood and stately hills.
- Unique octagonal dining room with west-facing bay window, an angled fireplace (back-to-back with the one in the living room), a charming pantry and adjoining breakfast room.
- Large, sunny kitchen looks out to the porch and front yard.
- Handsome redwood stairway.
- Basement with laundry room, bedroom with a sink, workroom, and vast storage.
- Backyard with huge brick patio, a planting bed with a great old birdbath, and a large lower yard.
- Walking distance to Claremont Ave shops and the amenities of the Claremont Resort and Spa, Domingo Ave and College Ave shops and restaurants, and Rockridge BART.